The recent outbreak of COVID-19 has left some people feeling very concerned about booking their next diving adventure. Each dive supplier especially the Liveaboards have issued separate information which can be termed the "Corona Clause".
PDT has worked with existing bookings to re-schedule and offer any refunds where necessary. Operators are still taking bookings and offer reduced rates in most cases with different booking terms.
This is an example fo such terms:
The Master & Siren Fleet Liveaboard fleets
The money-back guaranteeIf you make a new booking with us, between 9th March 2020 - 30th April 2020, you can cancel your liveaboard space and receive a full refund*.
The corona clauseFrom 9th March 2020, any new bookings will be refunded or moved to a later date if you are unable to travel due to COVID-19**.
If you are unsure and wish to book in the future please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org as the terms are being updated individually by each company at different times.
Anchor to Member T&C's
You may use the Site to find, book and pay for dive travel services (in each case called the “Trip”). PDT provides a service as an intermediary agent and charges a fee accordingly to the operator. The booking forms an agreement between you and the operator (each called a “Service Provider”). PDT does not itself operate Trips.
These Terms are important and you should ensure that you read them carefully and contact us with any questions before you use the Site.
By using the Site you acknowledge and agree that you have had sufficient chance to read and understand the Terms and that you agree that these terms and conditions and all communications between you and PDT together form the contract (“Contract”) between you and PDT and that you agree to be bound by the Terms. If you do not agree to the Terms, please do not use the Site.
No Contract between you and PDT exists until confirmation in writing is issued by PDT to you and any Contract created commences on the date shown on the written confirmation.
1. To make a booking for a Trip you must acknowledge acceptance of the Contract in the manner provided for on our Site. Service Providers have their own payment and cancellation policies. This will be clearly outlined with the payment & cancellation policy’s, and you must then authorize before completing the booking. All payment & cancellation details are listed on your booking confirmation. Where the booking is made you agree to pay a deposit as required by the Service Provider of the Trip which is to be booked through the Site. If the departure of the Trip is to occur within the cancellation period, you must pay the full price.
The following is an example of a Service Provider’s booking policy:
Upon booking: you must pay a 10% deposit, and(i) 120 days before departure, you must make a 2nd further payment of 20% of the total booking; and(ii) 90 days before departure, you must make full Payment: of the outstanding balance of the total booking.
2. If a booking is on a “TBA” basis (i.e., to be confirmed), your credit card will be pre-authorised with your credit card provider, then when your booking is confirmed by the Service Provider, the payment will be charged to your credit card.
3. Payments must be made by credit card or PayPal. You agree that PDT may pass on to you the cost that it incurs from its bank or credit card payment provider. For payments made by credit card, you will pay an additional charge of 2.9% for Visa and Master Card and 3% for Diners and American Express Cards and that those charges may be added to the invoice for the booking of the Trip by you. PDT may vary these charges to cover any costs that it incurs in accepting payment by credit card.
4. If having paid a deposit, you do not pay the balance of your price of the Trip within the time required by the Service Provider of the Trip, your booking of the Trip will be cancelled, and you will not then be entitled to any refund of the deposit that you have paid.
5. You agree to arrange and maintain dive accident and evacuation insurance to cover the full period of your Trip. These details will need to be uploaded into your booking and will be sent to the Trip Service Provider no later than 7 days before the date of departure. If you do not have dive accident and evacuation insurance, the Trip Service Provider will not allow you to board the vessel or undertake any in water activities and you will, for the purposes of this agreement be deemed to have given notice of cancellation of the Trip on the day of departure.
6. You must carry valid proof of citizenship and proper identification including a current Passport. You must also have and make available to PDT a current, valid scuba certification card issued by an internationally recognized SCUBA diving certification association acceptable to both PDT and the Trip Service Provider. You agree that if you are not able to provide to PDT and the Trip Service Provider with your current passport and any necessary visas and to permit PDT and the Trip Service Provider to take a scanned copy of those documents, that you will not be permitted to depart on the booked Trip. You accept that It is your responsibility to verify your necessary travel documents.
Notification of cancellation of a booking of a Trip may only be made to PDT by e-mail. The arrival date of the e-mail will be the day of cancellation.
The trip Service Provider will clearly set out their cancellation policy in their Service Provider Terms. The Service Provider will not charge a cancellation fee provided that the booking is canceled during the no-charge cancellation period as set out in the Service Provider Terms. Each provider has their own terms and this will be clearly stated for you at the time of booking. It will require you to authenticate a tick box before booking.
Pelagic Dive Travel does not charge a cancellation fee on top of any trip Service Provider cancellation fees.
The following is an example of a cancellation policy:
If you cancel your Dive Travel Package booking, the following cancellation charges will be made. If:
If a dispute arises then any Disputing Party may give written notice to the other Disputing Party or Parties specifying the nature of the dispute (a “Dispute Notice”), and the following provisions of shall apply;
A community of scuba diving enthusiasts dedicated to sharing the wonders of our underwater world. Through the use of this area, we want to provide an informative place which is friendly, safe and informative.
When posting, sending messages or uploading, you agree to abide by the following:
Pelagic Dive Travel Members Area, is a friendly forum (interactive computer service) based on mutual respect. All user-generated content are the opinions of their respective authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of Pelagic Dive Travel(PDT). PDT is not responsible for posts' content, authenticity or accuracy, PDT retains copyright privileges to all user-generated content. PDT also reserves the right to edit, remove, or retain any post.
The Moderators are employees of Pelagic Dive Travel Pty Ltd and while Moderators will do their best to keep the forum civil, its impossible for them to review every post. If any post seems to violate the spirit of mutual respect, please use the "Report Post" button to notify the moderation team. The Moderators have the last word in any dispute and are responsible for interpreting the TOS. When they deem it in the best interest of Pelagic Dive Travel, they may edit or delete any content posted on the site.
They may suspend users when they deem it is necessary.
You agree to not use the Member area, to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity or otherwise violates any laws.
All Content you submit or upload may be reviewed by staff members. All Content you submit or upload may be sent to third-party verification services (including, but not limited to, spam prevention services). The booking area attached to each member is private and confidential. This information will be used only in a booking with Pelagic Dive Travel. Do not submit any Content that you consider to be private or confidential and any open posts.
We reserve the rights to remove or modify any Content submitted for any reason without explanation. Requests for Content to be removed or modified will be undertaken only at our discretion. We reserve the right to take action against any account with the Service at any time.
You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service. You retain copyright over the Content.
No post should exceed a "PG" rating (link). Profane, racial, bigoted, insulting or mean-spirited language is simply not allowed here and this includes any sort of harassment or cyberbullying. Sexism is a form of bigotry and is not tolerated by Pelagic Dive Travel. Content portraying anyone in a sexual or demeaning manner will be deleted. Images must be no more revealing than those found in a typical travel magazine. Threats of any sort are not tolerated and the member will be suspended. There is never sufficient reason to resort to personal attacks. If you feel that you have been attacked, please do not retaliate, instead, use the "Report Post" to notify us. Trolling posts or off-topic posts (hijacking) may be moderated or removed.
Whilst a minor amount of off-topic posting may be overlooked, the general rule is your posts or threads must be relevant to the forum or thread in which you are posting.
Spamming or attempting to recruit our membership (by PM, Visitor Message or otherwise) other than through the authorized use of our commercial (marketplace) forums is expressly forbidden. The creation of multiple accounts for one person is prohibited.
We are dedicated to keeping our users' information private and will never sell it to a third party.
Moderators may at their discretion, remove any post which advocates unsafe diving practices as defined by the major certification agencies of the scuba diving world. Pelagic Dive Travel believes in safe diving practices but, you and you alone are responsible for your diving safety.
Membership is a privilege, and Pelagic Dive Travel reserves the right to deny service to any person with or without cause or notification. If a member who has been denied service or whose content has been moderated feels that these actions were unfair, an appeal may be sent by e-mail to email@example.com. Each appeal will be reviewed by senior moderators who were not previously involved in the issue that led to the appealed suspension or moderation decision.
PDT reserves the right to add to or amend the TOS without any prior warning or consent from its users. By completing your registration, you agree that your Pelagic Dive Travel Member area participation will conform to any such additions or amendments to the TOS. If you do not agree to these terms, please do not register or use this Service. If you wish to close your account, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
TELEPHONE: +61 (03) 9133 6545
ADDRESS: 888 Collins Street, Docklands 3008, Australia
ABN: 92 601 077 294
Copyright © 2018 Pelagic Dive Travel Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Website Design by MOBLE